Saturday 8 January 2011

It's a New Year.

The updating of this blog has been infrequent. My New Year's Resolution is to make it at least weekly. I didn't need any more as I am perfect. So there.

Christmas was a quiet affair and a nice one at that. I actually prefer it now to when relatives would come over and make it a huge dramatic ensemble play. One written by Ben Elton. That bad.

I received books and clothes. What I wanted and needed. Cannot complain, which makes this blog rather mundane, but there you have it.

Let's talk about the New Year's Eve celebrations.

I wanted to get out of the house for NYE, it would be my first without the family and I wanted it to be a good one. My parents like it to be a family thing, but I'm in my youth. Forget that. The problem is several people like to deploy the tactic, "I'll see what comes up," instead of giving a definite answer of whether they would like to do anything for NYE. Clubs were charging upwards of £30 for entry, even the bad ones. Yeah. You know the ones. With the 52 year old Asian man in the corner.

Ended up finding a NYE party at a decent sized pub and managed to get a few people to come as well. Plans were going well. Others were undecided, but I had five definites, which is enough for me not to care about anyone else.

The two coming with me didn't get tickets in advance, as it was said you could buy them at the door. SOLD OUT. That was a problem until we found a door, one metre away from the main entrance that was unguarded, or unbouncered. Easy. Wish I hadn't bought an advance ticket. It was about as useful as an inflatable dartboard. Or something written by Ben Elton. Zing.

Saw people we knew. Girls from another school, who took half an hour to recognise me. Hmmm. I need to become more memorable, like Raoul Moat. A friend decided to buy a round of drinks and we all wanted double vodkas with lemonade. £17.80. We bought no more drinks that night.

NEW YEAR'S! WHEY!

I remember no more of this night.

This entry in the blog is a disaster. Ben Elton wouldn't read this crap. Fucking Ben Elton.

No comments:

Post a Comment